Thursday, December 14, 2006

I can COOK!!

The remodel continues....I finally got a new stove!! (Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Turner!!) If you haven't heard me complain about my old stove (which is nearly impossible since I complained about it daily), let me tell you a few things that I particularly DID NOT like:

#1 - Easy access for hiding when playing hide and seek: Austin and Ashlyn could both easily open up the oven door as it was very light and low to the ground. This made for one of their favorite hiding places - and a bit of a safety issue!


#2 - Easy access to turn on the oven if you are 2 feet tall: All the knobs were down in front of the stove instead of back behind the burners. This made it quite simple for the kids to constantly be turning on the stove burners without me knowing. Just a bit of a fire hazard...


#3 - Burners that had a diameter of about 3 inches: I only had 3 burners that would work and they were TINY!! It would take me an hour to brown a pound of hamburger!! Burners this size would be great if I didn't have all these hungry mouths to feed!


I could go on and on...but I'll stop as those are my top 3. I LOVE my new stove - she is beautiful, black, convection, ceramic flat top and makes me smile every time I cook!! Granted, we had to do some make shift cabinets as the new stove is a lot bigger than the old one, I can definitely make due with it until we get our new cabinets. Plus I think Shawn enjoyed taking a chainsaw to the cabinets to shorten them up and fit them back in. Here's the old stove - if you would like to bid on it - check out eBay!!
Until next time...
ST

No comments: