Thursday, September 6, 2007

New goal

I have a new goal - don't get too excited, I have these fancy ideas all the time and rarely can I actually pull through. Anyway, just this week I have had several people tell me that they check my blog everyday and are disappointed when there's no update. Now, of course, these people could very well be lying to me and only check it when they are totally bored at work and sick of playing solitaire, but I choose to believe I have some true fans out there that can't survive without hearing a bit about my crazy life. With that being said, I am going to try and give you a tidbit of my life each and every day. It may be short some days, maybe even pointless, but it's something that might just be fun. We'll see how it goes.

You may have noticed on my sidebar that I am feeling a bit anxious (this is after feeling a bit sweaty the last several weeks). This is because tomorrow morning I am going in to have an ESOPHAGOGASTRODUODENOSCOPY. Seriously, can you believe someone came up with that name??? How many points would that be in scrabble?? wow. I like to call it an EGD with dilation - I think that's right. Basically, I'm having my esophagus widened. If you remember an earlier post back in February, I choked on a hot dog and after spending several hours choking in the emergency room we learned I have a narrow esophagus and I am finally getting it fixed - yeah! So, I am excited and nervous. Should be a pretty easy procedure, but like most people I'm not too fond of anesthesia. I will say I am looking forward to getting to stay in bed the rest of the day - yipee! And you better believe I will be milking that for all it's worth. I tried to pay my doctor to write me a note that said I would need bed rest for a week, but she wouldn't do it. Oh well. Shawn says he's making hot dogs for dinner - ha ha

Well, I have to fast after midnight so I am going to have Shawn fix me a huge bowl of ice cream before I hit the sack. I'll let you know how my esophagus is doing tomorrow!

Hope you are all having the time of your life!
ST

No comments: