It has been snowing all morning and we are currently up to a couple inches, according to what I can see stacked up on the kids' picnic table outside. We haven't ventured to the backyard to play yet, but probably will in the next hour. The kids can't wait! As for me, I'll just sit inside and be the official hot chocolate chef. That's much more my speed.
Update on BT4: We had our second to last dr. appt yesterday - hard to believe how fast pregnancy goes when it's not your first. It's been quite a roller coaster ride, and I'm getting quite uncomfortable. I think I will be more than ready in 12 more days. Of course, the nerves are stacking up, but I'm getting so excited to see this little one and see how it's going to fit into the Turner clan. Will it be a never ending talker like Austin? A sweet snuggler like Ashlyn, or a crazy tornado like Gabriella? Who knows - maybe a mix of all three? We did finally get the crib up and some sheets washed. I bought a boy and girl take home outfit and had the kids pick out some new baby toys to wrap up and give to it when him/her arrives. I also got the car seat out and washed. I decided not to worry about any clothes til we know the sex, all it's gonna need is some warm fuzzy pjs - and I would say it deserves some new ones anyway.
Update on Austin - Austin had his first Christmas program last week. His class sang three little songs and yes, I cried like a baby. Who knew there could be so much emotion wrapped up into "Jingle Bells". He was absolutely the cutest kid there and it was almost weird to be sitting there watching my little boy in a program - who knew this is where I would be. Time just flies as my kids are growing up - good thing we have another tiny little baby on the way!
Update on Ashlyn - Ashlyn still loves being the big kid when Austin is at school. She is very into being a "mommy" all the time which is so cute. She's still my little drama queen, but we love her just the same and she's growing up so quick trying to be just like brother. I can't believe she'll be off to preschool next year too!
Update on Gabriella - hmmmm...what can I say? This girl is nuts! We call her tornado. Even her siblings call her that. She's a little stinker, extremely clever and cute as a button. She loves getting into trouble and stretching the rules. She's got her grandparents wrapped around her finger and knows it!
Update on Shawn - Shawn has been working his tail off at work. And in the mean time he has started ripping apart my kitchen! It's going to be a slow remodel, but piece by piece we'll get it done. He's taking Thurs and Fri off this week to work on it so hopefully he can make some good progress. Then we are having the Turner Christmas here with all of his family on Saturday. I'm so excited to get to have everyone here this year - we are all looking forward to it! Then Monday night we actually rented a 15 passenger van to pile into and go look at Christmas lights. Big family tradition - you wear your new pjs, pop some popcorn, heat up the hot chocolate and crank up the Christmas music! We use to be able to fit in one little car, but we have multiplied to 9 people and I think Shawn's parents are coming too this year - soo soo fun!!! If you are looking for a new tradition - this is one of the best.
That's all I know for now - I'll try and post some pics, but I think it's time for an afternoon snooze....
Hope you are having the time of your life!
ST
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
3 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment