Yes, this mother of four has a quiet house as we speak. And it's been that way for about a half hour! Shawn is working late tonight so I had to put all the kids to bed...well...of course mom and dad were here to help. I'm sure I could have done it on my own - there would have been a lot more crying, but I could do it. Why say no to good help, right?? I'm spoiled rotten and I love it. Anyway, it's finally quiet here and as I sit here with my glass of wine and laptop - ahhhhh.
Don't really have a whole lot to write about today. Just felt like blogging, trying out twitter - check out my right hand column, and watching Glenn Beck - one of my faves - even if it does get me all fired up (have you seen the stuff actually in that stimulus package? are you kidding?). Probably shouldn't watch right before bedtime.
Lucas had his 2 month appointment today and Gabriella had her 2 year appointment today. They are both getting big and healthy as can be. Lucas weighed in at 13 pounds 4 ounces and Gab is 25 pounds. Not bad! Lucas is still sleeping awesome and eating great. Goes to bed by 8 and doesn't get up til 3am. Love it. I hope his 4 shots don't mess him up tonight - time will tell.
Gabriella's 2 year check up chart said she should be able to say about 20 words...hmmm...according to that she is some kind of crazy genius - look out Mensa! She has been talking in full sentences for months - not that she knows what she is saying, but she sure acts like she does. Austin and Ashlyn have taught her WAY more than she needs to know. I still think she may have a bit of asthma, not sure yet. She spontaneously pukes. If she gets to coughing for whatever reason she'll just yack. Nice. Or if she is throwing a crying fit (not that she ever ever would) she'll make herself throw up. Doc doesn't really think there's a whole lot we can do - we're trying some acid reflux meds on her to see if it changes anything. She also may just have a really bad gag reflex - who knows. She's our little wild child.
Shawn and I have started looking at the summer calendar in hopes to plan some fun stuff this summer. Mostly camping adventures. We are planning 2 canoe trips, one with friends and one with work people. And he also goes on a guy canoe trip too. We are camping with the fam over July 4th. And would like to camp out at my brothers over Labor Day. I would also like to plan a camping trip with friends and kids sometime this summer. Looks like we will be spending most of the summer in a tent. So fun!
My eyes are now getting heavy - must head to bed or at least take a nap here on the couch til Shawn gets home.
Hope you are having the time of your life!
ST
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
3 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment