Yes, we have had our first trip to the ER to get stitches. My oldest child is now six, so that means we have gone a solid six years before having to rush to the ER to get stitches for one of our lovely children. And who was the winner you might ask? Austin? Ashlyn? Gabriella? Lucas? If you have spent any amount of time with our family then you know there are two likely suspects. Lucas and Gabriella. Well, the winner was Gabriella. 7 lovely stitches right above her eye. Took it like a champ too! Didn't even cry while they put stitches in - amazing. She is a real trooper for a 3 year old. Had it been any of the other kids we would have had to call in a 10 man team to hold them down in the ER, but Gab was incredible. This all happened last Friday and we got the stitches out today - again, she was awesome. Just laid there like it was no biggie. So, now that we got that out of the way....
On the same day as the stitches happened, Shawn and I went to Costco for dinner with the kids that night. As we were sitting there eating pizza this lady came over and says, "I have been watching you guys and just want to let you know how beautiful your family is." Of course, I graciously thank her as Shawn and I give each other a "mental" high-five. But then she continues on, "I mean it, you have such a beautiful family I want to buy you all ice cream." She insisted so we took the money she left on the table. Now, if any of you have ever been to costco for ice cream you know that it costs $1.50 - for a huge cup. Normally, we get one cup and split it 6 ways (I know, cheap-o). As we look at what she gave us, she gave us a 20 dollar bill! So, we splurged and got TWO ice creams and split it 6 ways. It always nice to hear a compliment about your family, but for her to take the time to come talk to us and leave us money was pretty amazing. It's nice to know that there are good, genuine people out there. Totally made our day.
One random act of kindness can go a long way. I guess it's our turn to pay it forward!

And now onto what the kids believe is the most important time of the year - Halloween. We have costumes finished and ready to go. The kids all had their parties at school today - Gabriella was Super Girl, Austin is Prince Caspian (from Narnia), and Ashlyn is a genie. Lucas will be a clown. Halloween is definitely not my favorite holiday, but the kids sure do love it! And so does Shawn. This past weekend we went to a Halloween party and we won funniest costume! What were we? Well, anyone that knows Shawn very well knows that he owns a baby blue 70s jogging suit and LOVES any chance to wear it. He wore that, and I wore a jogging suit and was his jogging coach. Turned out pretty good. I suppose Halloween isn't so bad if you win a prize!
Here's a pic from the pumpkin patch (sorry no pumpkin pics). Lucas loved riding the fancy tricycles.

And I just love seeing my kids walking together - aren't they just awesome??

Here's my fancy genie and Super Girl!!

And this is what I saw when Lucas came downstairs this afternoon. I don't see him getting a job at Home Depot any time soon! And I almost peed my pants laughing when I saw him.

We are headed to Manhappenin' this weekend. Shawn and Austin are going to the K-State game on Saturday with my brother and his son while I hang out with my bud, Callie and all the kids. Can't wait for Austin to get to go to the game, they will have so much fun. And Callie and I can just kick back with 7 kids and a couple beers - ha!
Happy Halloween!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment